Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Witches Just Want to Have Fun!

Are you ready to party!

This year I am trying to convince my best friend Tracy to throw a Halloween party at her house. Mainly because she lives in the perfect Halloween house. Her house was built back in the 1890's with really high ceilings and an awesome fireplace and a flight of the most beautiful stairs you have ever seen. (We live in a 1970's ranch out in the suburbs). She also knows tons more people than I do and can cook. I on the other hand have appointed myself in charge of decorations. It will be better for all of us.



This is the invitation I am suggesting we send out. My husband doesn't want to be involved in the planning, although he is also a good cook and baker so I am sure he will get wrangled into the party too. Love ya honey!!!


The card is made up of all Stampin' Up card stock: old olive, perfect plum, pumpkin pie and whisper white. I stamped the two witches from the MFT stamp set Totally Witchin' and colored them in using my prismacolor pencils. I am in love with this set! It is just so cute. I also used the spider web and spider from this set and stamped them with versamark ink on the perfect plum card stock. (I know this is a little hard to see put it gives it a really cool patterned paper effect). I then used my goo punch from Martha Stewart that I got at Michael's to create the border. Next, I took perfect plum ink and a sponge and distressed the edges. The bats and the pumpkin brads I found at Archivers (I think they are Making Memories). They seem to add just the perfect amount of sparkle.


Well I hope you enjoy this invitation as much as I enjoyed making it. Have a good rest of the day!



2 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

That is totally witchin'! Nice job!!

Beverly said...

Oh Janna, this is so cute. Our family loves Halloween and this reflects that so well. Don't forget the sharks!
love aunt bev