Sunday, September 14, 2008

It is Officially Autumn Here in the Lou and Izzy Pictures!

Good Sunday evening everyone!



Sorry I was unable to post yesterday. I was busy finishing up some door prizes for our Halloween party and hangin' out with my husband and daughter. It was such a nice day but a little warm; it was in the nineties and super humid. We even considered getting in the pool. What a difference a day makes. It started raining about four in the morning and didn't stop until noon. Buy then the pool was overflowing and we couldn't pump the water out because the electricity was off. If finally came back on a couple of hours later. However it was only sixty-eight degrees today and really windy. You never know what is going to happen from day to day here!

The card I wanted to share today is a card I made for my husband's grandparents. They are two of the most wonderful, caring and nurturing people you will ever meet. Every time I see Jason's grandmother I feel like hugging her. She is so cute!!!! I am so glad that Izzy is able to have them in her life. So back to the card. I was completely inspired by some punches I recently bought at the Target Dollar Spot (love, love, love that place!). They had a whole bunch of scrapbooking items in the bins and I found an apple punch, a pumpkin punch and an oak leaf punch. I knew I want to use them for a fall leaf card so I created this:




I first stamped Mimi's Pumpkin Patch by Denami on a sheet of Whisper White card stock. I then colored her in using my prisma color pencils. I stamped her again and cut her out to pop her off the surface of the card. Next I used my new oak leaf punch to create a border on a piece of old olive card stock. I mounted this on a piece of pumpkin pie card stock and attached the whole lot to the card. I punched holes in all four corners and used some mini pumpkin brads I bought at Archiver's. It is so cute. I can't wait till they receive it!


Now what you have all been waiting for ... Izzy pictures!

This picture was taken last week on one of those beautiful end of Summer days. She was having such a great time running around the backyard and carrying her noodle around. Her favorite thing though was running up to mommy just when she was about to take the picture. I couldn't get her to stop putting her cute little mug up against the lens. lol.



This picture Jason took last weekend. Izzy was sitting in Jason's garden next to some of the largest and most beautiful zinnias you have ever seen. (I had to ask Jason what they were). Isn't she so sweet?

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Paula Still said...

I recognize that stamp!!!! LOL!

I love it and so will Jason's grandma. The punches are adorable and perfectly match the card. You are such a shopper and to find it in the dollar bins ... how lucky can you get?!?

Although all your cards are totally amazing, none compare to your greatest creation. I'm talking about the Izzykins. She is such a ham. Tell here grandma loves her and the card she received this morning. I will always charish it ... almost as much as I charish her :)