Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Special Thank You and a Gratuitous Grandma Posting

Happy Thursday!

It is pretty gloomy and icky here in St. Louis today. It is a little bit of a downer seeing as how beautiful the past couple of days have been. Izzy has really been enjoying it. She wonders around the back yard chasing Tuxy and then stares longingly at the pool. It will be so sad when we have to close it up in a couple of weeks.

Which reminds me Fall has officially started in the Loo. Fall is one of my favorite seasons. There is Back to School time (being a former teacher this does conjure up mixed feelings), Halloween and of course Thanksgiving. I just love seeing all the leaves changing and all the crisp weather that comes rolling in. I guess that is what inspired me to create this thank you card.


So here is the back story. I went to a stamping class last Saturday where we made the most adorable Halloween candy boxes. I will probably be posting it this weekend. Maggie the instructor used a new Martha Stewart punch from Michaels called Fence. Oh my goodness I fell in love. It is the cutest little fence, it can be all scary when punched out of black or cute when punched out of white, or fallish when punched out of brown. I repeat I am in love. Maggie informed us that she had bought the last one in St. Louis (of course she was too smart to actually bring the punch with her to the class because I am sure someone would have "borrowed" it, lol). So when I got home I immediately went online to order it. OUT OF STOCK! What!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I immediately called my mother to complain about the horrible injustice of it all when she said, that maybe she could call our family friend June back in Kansas City to see if she could track one down. Well June (who I will be nominating for sainthood) was able to fine one in Kansas and.......... she got if for 25% off. I am telling you it was meant to be. So I now have it in my hot little hands and cannot wait to begin using it.

Okay so back to the card. I made this card for her as a thank you to tell her how much I appreciated it. The card stock is Stampin' Up: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. The patterned paper is from a holiday stack I got a Michaels last year. I created the circles using my circle nestabilities and the the stamps sets are Falling For You by MFT and a thank you set I bought at Archivers, I believe it is Hero Arts. Don't you just love the leaves and the the tree. She really reflects how you feel when you dive into that first pile of leaves in the Fall. I then used my prismacolor pencils to color her and added a little ivory grosgrain ribbon. She came out perfect if I do say so myself.

Now for my Gratuitous Grandma Posting!

This is my daughter Izzy sitting underneath our gazebo on Sunday in her Rams jersey. Although It didn't help much. The Rams lost!

And herE she is yesterday. It was so beautiful I could hardly keep her inside. She as chasing our dog around the yard as usual, enjoying the sunny weather.

I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Love the card and the Izzy pics!