Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow? and My Very First RAK!!!!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!




Today I wanted to share a card that I made for my mother-in-law who loves to garden. Whenever we go back home and visit it is always such a treat to go and sit out in their backyard. It is full of fragrant blossoms and always makes me feel so comfortable.






For this card I used the Garden Clear Stamp Set by Hanna Stamps. I actually bought this stamp set to use the accessories so I could make gardening themed cards for my husband (he also loves to garden). Once I saw Hanna though, she reminded me so much of my mother-in-law I had to make up a card for her. I colored her in using my Stampin' Write markers from Stampin' Up, tied on some white grosgrain ribbon and attached a cute little water can charm I had lying around from an old cross stitch kit and voila, I had this adorable card.



My First RAK!!!!!



Speaking of my wonderful mother-in-law, a couple of weeks ago my in laws came up to visit and I wound up dragging her to one of my stamping classes at my favorite stamping store The Inkspot. We had such a wonderful time together and laughed a ton. It was fantastic. In fact she enjoyed stamping so much I think she might become addicted too! I am crossing my fingers. She asked me to stamp a couple of images for her on some card stock and a couple of days later I received this card in the mail.

Isn't it so cute. I just love the background paper and the little brads. It is super fally (I'm not sure if that is a word). She sent it to thank me for inviting her to the stamping class. Isn't' that sweet! Of course I seriously doubt that she will be thanking me six months from now when she is checking every stamping blog known to man and has a list of gotta have stamps sets that even Santa would shudder at.

Well, thanks for visiting my blog and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Janna, I am really enjoying your writing style. It makes me laugh, just like when we get together or talk on the phone.

Keep up the good work. Your style is developing nicely. I like the way you follow up on what catches your attention.

love aunt bev