Monday, September 29, 2008

I Am On Fire!

Happy Monday!

It was such an icky day here, that both Izzy and I slept in this morning. It was so hard to roll out of bed since it was so dark. Where has the summer gone? That is the only thing that I don't like about the coming fall, the days get shorter and shorter. I hate not being able to take walks at night. It puts me in a bad mood.

Well, Izzy is pretty much down to just a runny nose. She is running around the house again terrorizing Tuxy. I swear it is like they really are brother and sister. They both just can't stand to not be picking on the other one.
Izzy had a wonderful time yesterday with Jason aka Daddy. They played out in the yard together, read lots of stories and even went on a walk. Jason took care of her all day. It was so nice, I was really able to get my stamp on! And boy did I.

Here is the first card I wanted to share with you. It is for our neighbor's son who just recieved a 1 at districts in piano. That means that he will now be going on to state. Yeah Caleb, we are so proud of you!!!!


I wanted to incorporate music in this card, obviously, so I used this music themed paper. Then I wanted to stamp something that a 12 year old boy would like. I went through all my stamps (no to hearts, no to shoes, no to purses, no to flowers). I was running out of ideas (I am very low on 12 year old boy themed stamp sets), until I came across this adorable set by Stampin' Up called Under the Stars and bam! it was perfect. I stamped the bear on very vanilla cardstock and colored him in using my prisma colored pencils. Next I stamped the stars and s'mores and colored them in adding a touch of glitter to the edges of the stars. I mounted them on some black inchies and added them down the side. I stamped the sentiment and mounted it and the bear on black card stock adding a little DP to the bear. To tie the colors together I stuck on a piece of brown organdy ribbon and then a piece of black grossgrain on top. It is so cool and turned out just the way I wanted it!

The next card was of course a Halloween card. I told you, I am no longer holding back.


I love this layout. I was on Splitcoast this weekend and saw tons of card with this similar layout and wanted to try it out. I used black card stock as my base and then pieced two different Halloween papers to create the three windows. Then I stamped Trickortreatabella by Stamping Bella. I colored her in using my Prisma color pencils (I love how she turned out). Then I popped her off the card. I threaded black and orange ribbon around the card and tied 4 pieces of ribbon around it to resemble a spider. Then I glued a sparkle spider button I got at Michaels to the center. Finally, I attached a "Halloween" button to a piece of Halloween DP, then to black cardstock and popped it out in the corner. Perfect! I am so in the mood for Halloween!

Finally, I wanted to publish the drawing that my neighbor did of Izzy! It is so beautiful.


Well thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the day!

1 comment:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

You're one prolific stamptress! Good job on all the cards!