Friday, September 19, 2008

The Saga Continues...

Happy Friday!

Sorry about not posting yesterday, I was completely exhausted. Izzy and I had such a wonderful day. We went and had lunch with Jason and then my friend Tracy came over and we finished the outside of our party invitations. After Tracy left, Izzy and I went and watched Jason play tennis and had a play date with Izzy's friend Lucy. It was a crazy day but super fun!


Today Izzy and I went and hit the Target dollar spot and picked up trinkets to stuff in gift bags. They have some really cool new stuff there. I then worked on a box that I am thinking about giving to a friend and tonight I need to make up two anniversary cards; one for Jason's grandparents and one for my sister and brother-in-law. It never ends. I am not complaining though I love doing it.


Before I share my project for today, I have to brag for a moment. My daughter is sooo smart. I am not biased or anything (Sometimes too smart for her own good). Yesterday we went and picked Jason up from work and the second we pulled into his office parking lot, Izzy said "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Yesterday was only the third or fourth time we have been there. We hardly ever go, and yet she recognized it. I love her so much!


Okay, on with the show. The project I want to share today is one of the door prizes we are going to be giving away at the Halloween party. It is a popcorn box that I created. We are going to stuff it with the Halloween themed popcorn by Act II. Tracy said you can find them at Walmart.



Isn't it cute! Okay so I bought a popcorn box at Michaels, I think it is by Wilson and tore it up. I then used it as a template. I traced around it and cut it out of a piece of 12 X 12 orange paper. I scored it using the original box as a reference and taped it up and tada you have a popcorn box. Next I stamped the sentiment from the new Stampin' Up set House of Haunts on the same piece of orange card stock and cut out a fun shape. Next I cut out the same shape from a piece of black card stock that was slightly larger so it served as a frame. Then I punched out bats using my Martha Stewart bat punch and glued them on. I attached a small bat brad from Making Memories to the title tag and last but not lease I punch holes in the center of each of the scallops along the top and threaded through a piece of 1/8 inch satin, black ribbon. I can't wait for people to see it at the party.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Perfect... I hope I win one! Mmmm... popcorn!!

Paula Still said...

Ha! Jason can't win, cause I will win!!!

This is one of my favorites! So creative! The Stampin' Up sentiment stamp is totally adorable. I'm pondering all the ways to use it myself ... or should I say, I'm pondering all the ways to have you use it and give me the final results (LOL!!!)