Monday, October 6, 2008

Treats, Treats and More Treats!

Happy Monday!


I hope that everybody had a good day. Izzy and I had a wonderful day. I am so excited I am the new ambassador for My Favorite Things Stamps for the month of November! Can you believe it. I can't. I kept rereading the e-mail, positive that they sent it to the wrong person. It is such an honor to be include in such a wonderfully talented group of people. The ideas that these women come up with and then implement is mind boggling. So that is my good news today. I have basically been floating around the house. I called everyone I knew and shared the news, but can you believe it, Jason was in a meeting when I tried to call him. It was the middle of the afternoon before I was able to tell him. It was torture I tell you torture.


Oh, a quick Izzy story to share. This evening, Izzy decided to empty out her toy box in the middle of the living room and found a pair of Izzy sized sunglasses. Now, in the past I have tried to get her to wear these approximately, ohhhh, 60 million times and it was always a no go. Well tonight she came up to me, handed them to me, said please and waited patiently for me to put them on her. Once I did she paraded around the house posing and giggling at herself. I am telling she is bound for stardom in her eyes. She just loves the attention!


Okay so here is my first project for the day. This Hot Chocolate Ornament I created in honor of my new position as ambassador.



Isn't it so sweet. This ideas was inspired by a treat bag I saw over at Lauren Meader's blog. I started off my stamping the image A Scarf for Three by MFT stamps on whisper white, red card stock, light green card stock and dark green card stock. I then stamped the image on three kinds of Christmas DP. I paper pieced the snowmen and colored the scarf, border and background in using my Stampin' write markers. I colored their faces in using my prisma color pencils. I then added liquid applique to their hats and crystal effects to the border. I finished the image off by adding star brads to their shirts. I layered the image on a piece of silver card stock and then on a piece of Christmas DP I scallop punched. I wove a piece of ribbon through the holes and tied bows in each corner. In the lower right corner I left the ribbon tails long and added two snowflake buttons. I finished off the image by adding a snowflake button to the upper right hand corner. I filled a pastry bag with premium hot chocolate and added the image to the top. I threaded through a piece of white ribbon to make a hanger. It would be perfect on any ones Christmas tree.


The next project I created using the new Halloween Digi stamps over at Simply Sista's. This is the candy apple treat bag.



I originally saw the premise for this idea over at Bethany Paull's blog. When I saw these new stamps I was so excited because I new they were perfect. I started off by printing the three caramel apples from the Halloween Pkg 1 set over at Simply Sista's. I colored them in using my prisma pencils and my stampin' write markers. I then stamped the sentiment "yum, yum" from Tasty Sweet by Stampin' Up above and below my image. I cut the image out and layered it on top of a piece of fall DP. Next I round punched each corner of the DP and adhered it to a piece of pumpkin pie card stock. I added green brads to each corner and added a brown organdy ribbon to the top. Next I filled a bag with an apple, a mini caramel cup and a stick, stapled it up and stuck on my tag. Voila instant kids treat. Wouldn't these be great for a kid's school party? Festive and fun!


Well that is it for me today. Thanks for sharing in my joyful news!

3 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

These are fabulously cute Janna! You have a great blog! And are super talented!

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Two great treats! Great job!!

Paula Still said...

How cute is that! I hope you don't mind me stealing your ideas!

I think I'll make up the hot-chocolate one to hand out at our annual cookie exchange party in December. I know everyone will love it.