Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I have been super busy stamping, making cards and playing around with Izzy. Izzy went to her friend Melaina's first birthday party this afternoon. They both had a really good time. Poor Melaina though, she wasn't too sure of her birthday cupcake. She was content with just letting her mommy and daddy feed her. She is such a doll.

Izzy has been in a good mood today. I think it is because her daddy is home. Oh and I have decided she is a genius. I know, that is what everybody says about their children, but it has to be true with her, right? She can unearth her books no matter how hard you try to hide them. Of course, I kind of wish she wasn't quite that smart. I really could use a break from Five Little Monkeys, but it is still pretty impressive.

So, last night I received the most awesome sets of stamps from my friend Amy over at Simply Sista's and Card Scents. She is releasing her Halloween images and Halloween scents today and was kind enough to let me try them out. Can you say love!!! It is so much fun to play with them. They are only available in Digi form, which has become my favorite form of stamp. I wish more stamp companies would offer their stamps this way.

So here she is, my lovely witch!

Isn't she great! Man I wish I looked like this! Jason said this card was one of his favorites, I have a funny feeling it doesn't just have to do with the color choices and layout. :) Okay, so here is how she came together. I printed Ms. Be-Witchy off on a piece of white card stock, colored her in using my prisma color pencils and a gold glitter pen. I then cut her out for later. Next I cut out a circle using my nestabilites and sponged on three different colors of yellow ink (barely banana, yoyo yellow and summer sun). I cut out a piece of Halloween DP and embossed it with my web cuttlebug folder. I attached the circle to the upper right corner and adhered my witch. I punched out a black cat using my Martha Stewart punch and placed him on the end of her broom. I then stamped the sentiment from "Totally Witchin'" by MFT Stamps on a piece of very vanilla, mounted it on a piece of black card stock, placed a black eyelet on each end and threaded through a piece of Halloween ribbon from Michaels.

The second card I am posting today I created using a sketch challenge as well as a "fuzzy" challenge over at MFT.

I guess I am in need of relaxation. I have been making several cards lately with the theme of relaxation. Jason, honey, hint, hint, hint. Okay, on with the show. I started the card off by stamping the main image from Time for the Bubbly on whisper white, orange card stock, pink card stock and two different kinds of designer paper. I then colored in the mirror with a gold gel pen and my stampin write markers followed up by coloring in her body. I paper pieced the tub, wallpaper, carpet and rug. Next I added the liquid applique to all the bubbles and heated it, sprinkling on a little glitter before it dried. Next, I flocked the rug with black and fuchsia. I then glittered the mirror with chunky glitter and added crystal effects to the tub and mirror to make them look glossy. For the layout of the card, I used sketch challenge 50 over at MFT. I mounted the stamped image on a a piece of black card stock and then on a piece of pink card stock. I popped it off the center using my pop dots. I then cut squares to two different designer papers and squares of black and layered them around the central image. I added faux stitching (faux because Izzy was already in bed and I didn't want to get out the really loud sewing machine). I finished up by stamping the words relax and enjoy on whisper white and adding them to each side of the main image with ribbon. I feel calmer just looking at it.

Well I hope you were able to make some sort of card today. Have a great rest of the day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Cool cards! Happy World Card Making Day!!

Paula Still said...

Witch'n cards!!! Hope you get that spa treatment soon! Just think of the new ideas that will come to mind while sitting in a spa, surrounded by aromatherapy candles, just you all alone. Peace and quiet! No howling at the door cause someone wants in (and I'm not talking about Tuxy!)

Auntie Bev said...

Receiving the 'Hope your Haloween is...' card was a special treat. It is quite lovely and I plan to share the image with my friends. However, I would like to see my name mentioned more often.

love,
aunt bev

Auntie Bev said...

Receiving the 'Hope your Haloween is...' card was a special treat. It is quite lovely and I plan to share the image with my friends. However, I would like to see my name mentioned more often.

love,
aunt bev