Thursday, October 9, 2008

Come on Ride the Train and Pumpkin Treats!

Happy Thursday everyone!

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. Jason is working from home so that means we will get to see him all day even though he will be busy, they are dropping off our new siding and will start work on Monday and it is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow. Today was absolutely gorgeous. Izzy and our neighbors wound up driving to the park and running around, going down the slide and just generally enjoying the sunshine. Izzy is becoming such a little girl. She kept following the little boy next door all over the park and was trying to climb up all the steps he went up and down all the slides he went down. Where has my little baby gone?

Well today was also a great day, because I got stamps in the mail!!!!! Yeah!!!! I tell you it is just like Christmas when new stamps come in. I know that all of you probably feel the same way. I unwrapped them carefully and laid them out lovingly on the counter and then basically drooled all over them. I hope I didn't ruin them. I can't wait to get started. I am going to get them all inked this weekend. At least that is the plan. Ohh, maybe I should tell Jason.

So here is my first project for today. It is a card for my cousin Harrison. He just recently started preschool and is addicted to trains. (This isn't too surprising as his daddy owns some track and a couple of trains himself.) My cousin told me that she dropped him off for his first day of school and Daddy was too upset to even get out the car. Poor Mommy had to take Harrison inside. She was really worried that he would cause a scene, but she said it never materialized. The preschool teacher came up to Harrison, introduced herself and asked him if he liked trains. My cousin said he took off and she could hardly get him to kiss her and hug her goodbye. Aren't kids funny that way. They get distracted so easily. I don't even want to think about Izzy starting school. It will be so hard.

Okay back to the card, here it is:

Isn't it sweet. I used the Dress Up Billy set from Pink Cat Studio to make the card. It comes with a conductor hat, a pair of overalls and a little toy engine. I just couldn't resist. It was too perfect. I started off by stamping Billy's hat on a piece of whisper white and then masking it off and stamping Billy. Next I stamped the overalls on a piece of blue card stock and made stripes with a white gel pen. I cut it out and adhered it over Billy. Then I colored Billy in and used my oval nestabilities as a template to create the tracks around him. Then I stamped the toy engine on a separate piece of paper, colored it in, cut it out and popped it off the tracks. I used this week's sketch challenge over at SCS for the layout and layered blue card stock and DP. I then added three red brads to the side, printed off the sentiment "Choo, Choo, Choo" on my computer, placed it inside a metal tag and threaded through some red ribbon. I finished the card off by printing the phrase, "Happy First Day of School", and placing it on the inside. I hope he enjoys it.

For the second project, I wanted to create a very quick and easy treat that my sister could make for her girls' class Halloween parties. I knew she wouldn't want something that was very expensive, but I also knew that she would want something that was cute. Here is what I came up with.


I think the kids are going to love them! They were so easy to make it is almost criminal. I started off by stamping the girl dressed as a pumpkin from the set Kooky Kostumes by Storage Units, Inks and More. I colored her in using my Stampin' Write markers and made her into a tag shape. I then mounted the stamped image on a piece of black card stock, punched a hole and added a black eyelet. I filled a cellophane bag with pumpkin candy from Brach's (my favorite kind of Halloween candy) and tied up the bag with the tag I made and a piece of green ribbon. See, quick, easy and cheap.

Well that is it for me today. Now that Izzy is down for the night I am going to try to get some more stamping down. Thanks for stopping by and leaving all these wonderful comments. Your support means so much to me, thanks!!!!

3 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

What a perfect card for a little boy. Good job!

Melissa said...

I just love your Billy Conductor card, soooooo cute! Love the colours you chose, great job!!!!

Paula Still said...

Harrison will absolutely love this card! You'll have to make something like it again for Ryan, er, I mean Patrick (LOL!) Maybe you should make one for each to be on the safe side :)

Love it!! Keep up the good job!