Friday, October 10, 2008

Pink is My Signature Color and Bella Boo!

Happy Friday!!!! Yeah!!!!

Today has been a beautiful day. This morning was crisp and cool and now it is in the low 70s, not a cloud in the sky and a light breeze. I couldn't have asked for a better day if I tried. Izzy and I went on a walk this morning to Walgreen's to pick up some Halloween candy. Have to get my hoard in early. She is so excited because Jason is working from home today. She has already sat on his lap and "helped" him with his work. Oh, and she has started to do laundry. I was downstairs sorting out the clothes and Izzy was helping me! Of course all clothes went into the darks pile, but beggars can't be choosers!

The only down side to today is that the workers came and closed the pool. Now instead of sparkling blue water, we have an old blue tarp to look at. Fall is officially here!

I have decided that Pink is my signature color. I just love that line from Steel Magnolias where Julia Roberts is talking about all the different shades of pink and all the different aspects of her wedding. This is my favorite movie of all time! In high school, I think I could have recited the dialogue from the whole movie from memory. Anywhoo, pink is my signature color. I am drawn to it. I have all my designer paper organized by color and take a wild guess which color has the most in it! So today I decided to create a Christmas card that had a pink theme. I found some fantastic designer Christmas paper that had a pink background and knew it would be perfect for my creation. I used MFT's sketch challenge for the layout and today's limited supplies challenge for the concept. I think it really turned out fun!


So here it is, my pink themed Christmas card! I used my new stamp set Hare for the Holidays from MFT stamps that I won during the release party. I think the reindeer is so cute. I started off by stamping the reindeer image on a piece of whisper white and colored him in using my prisma color pencils! Then I mounted the image on a piece of dark green card stock. I then layered DP and dark green card stock following the sketch challenge. I added a piece of pink polka dot ribbon behind the stamped image. Then I stamped the sentiment on a piece of whisper white along with two holly leaves. I colored them in and mounted them on a piece of metallic pink card stock and a piece of dark green card stock. I finished the card off by by adding two metal holly leaves and putting pink gems over the berries. So cute, so pink!!!!

The second card I created was done using the sketch over at Stamping Bella this week. It is of course done using a Halloween image, per my addiction, but does not contain any pink, yeah!!!


I decided to use Trick-or-treatabella from Stamping Bella for this challenge since it required an oval and I wanted it to be a Halloween card. I stamped her on a piece of white card stock and colored her in with my pencils and markers. I then cut her out with my oval nestabilities along with a piece of pumpkin pie card stock and a piece of black card stock. I then layered it on top of Halloween DP and black card stock. I then threaded through a piece of black and green ribbon to add some flair and finished it off with a '"boo" button on the bottom. Love it!!

Okay, so while I was typing this my mailman dropped off some packages (did I mention that he is now my new favorite person), there was stamps in them!!!!! Yeahh!!!!! AND my card scents. I am so excited to get started scenting my cards, I want to start trying them on everything. I am sure that my dog Tuxy won't mind smelling like hot chocolate right? If you have not seen this idea check out Simply Sista's and Card Scents website. They have just about any scent you could want!!

Okay, so that is it for me today! I am off to stamp some more. Thanks as always for stopping by and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Cute cards and I want a scented card... please!!!

Paula Still said...

Pink is definately you color! And what you can do with it blows my mind. Who would have thought of a pink christmas card? You pulled it off fantastically!

Paula Still said...

p.s. I want Trick-or-treatabella costume. Don't you think it I would be gorgeous in it, not to mention the hit of the party and the talk of the town?!?!