Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quick Post on Friendship

Happy Sunday!

Today has been so incredibly busy, I have been staining all day (still not finished on the decks) and did manage to do a little bit of stamping, but not a lot. Boo Hoo. Tomorrow I am dedicating all my free time to stamping. That might sound ambitious, but with an eighteen month old, that isn't a whole lot of time.

Last night we went to a really fun Halloween Party at a friend of Jason's house. They have a little girl, Lucy, who is a month and a half older than Izzy. There were four little girls total ranging from twenty months to twelve months. They all had a really good time, playing and reading. We hit a milestone though, Izzy's first full blown temper tantrum. I swear it is like they know you are in public around unfamiliar people. I could have just throttled her. Why can't she do that at home? So I have decided our mission is to now have as many playdates as possible so that she will learn to share. It is going to be a long, hard road for both her and I.

Well she wore her Rams jersey today to help support the home team and they won!! Jason says they didn't lose last week (they had a bye week) and they won this week (first time all season) so now they are on a winning streak. Talk about a die hard fan. I really think it was Izzy's good luck that made them win. I'm choosing to ignore the fact that she has worn her jersey every day they have played since the season started.

Well today I only have one card to share. This card is about friendship. I am so blessed to have two really great friends in my life. My best friend and I have known each other for the past six years and a lot of people call us twins. We have so much in common and have the same goofy sense of humor. My other wonderful friend is my next door neighbor Beth. It is so great to have a friend so close by. I can't tell you how often I go over there and visit and how often I lean on her for support. I truly admire both of these women and could never express how much they mean to me. This card is a card I made for Beth. (Tracy's card will be posted tomorrow, I haven't been able to give it to her yet)



The inside of the card reads, "Since I told you how much I value our friendship." Which I trully do. I started off by stamping the main image from Call Me by MFT stamps on whisper white. I then colored her in using my stampin' write markers, adding patterns to both the chair and background. I then layered the image on a piece of brown card stock, a piece of DP and then a piece of white card stock. I did the same layering effect on the two miniture squares. I added the DP for the background and popped off the sentiment that I stamped on whisper white. I added a brown organdy ribbon to the corner and finished the card off by printing off the sentiment inside. I think it is such a small gesture of thanks for such a huge and important friendship.

Well, that is it for me today! I think I am headed for bed. I hope your weekend was as fun and wonderful as mine. Thank you to all of those who leave comments on my blog it really brightens my day to see them all! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Great card... keep up the good work!!

Paula Still said...

Pink and Brown!!!! Love it!!

What a wonderful way to express how much your girlfriends mean to you. Tracy and Beth are blessed to have YOU as a friend!