Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween and My Little Angel!

Happy Friday and a Happy Halloween!!!

I can't believe it is already Halloween! I am really looking forward to seeing all the kids tonight. It is supposed to be a beautiful night, so I think we will be giving out lots of treats. I don't think Izzy will be dressing up though. First, she is still afraid of her costumes and secondly she seems to have come down with the same thing I have. Poor baby her little nose has been running all day and she is falling all the time. She hasn't been too grouchy though, just super loving.

Well I have some news about Izzy, we have started potty training!!! I am so excited. She hasn't actually gone potty in the potty chair yet, but she has the whole routine down. She even brought in some reading material this morning and sat down. I wonder where she learned that from, Daddy? I am really proud of her though. She has caught on really quickly. I think next week we will actually try to get her to go. I am a little concerned though because she likes to stick her hand in the bowl after she gets up. Hopefully that will stop. EWWWW!!!

Oh another piece of good news. I have been selected to be this weeks Star Stamper over at MFT! Can you believe it!!! It is a new program they are starting featuring customer's cards. I am so honored!! Have you seen some of the incredible creations the MFT ladies create? I am just flabbergasted that I am included with them! Thank you!

Well on to my Halloween cards! I really had a lot of fun creating these last few Halloween cards today. I am a little bummed though that it is over. I do have Christmas cards to uplift my spirits, so I am looking forward to that. I just can't wait for all the Christmas sets. Yeahh!!

Okay so here is my first Halloween card for today. This card was created for Challenge 6 over at Spiral Whisper. The Challenge was to create a card using one of the Halloween stamps. Well I just received Broomstick Milly and knew she would make an adorable card. Here she is.


I have been seeing a ton of window scene cards out on SCS and really wanted to give it a try. I started off by stamping Milly on a piece of whisper white along with a piece of Halloween DP. I paper pieced her together, colored her in with my stampin write markers and cut her out. I then cut out a piece of purple card stock and scored a 1/4" and a 1/2" in on each side and folded them back and forth so it would pop off the black card. I then cut a hole using my nesties and placed a piece of acetate behind it to create a window. Next I cut out different lengths and widths of green card stock and arranged them on the black card so that they would look like buildings. I aged them with a green copic marker and added windows with a black marker. I then cut out a circle from some very vanilla card stock and shaded it with a sponge and some summer sun ink and some apricot appeal. I then arranged them to create a cityscape. Next I adhered the purple window card stock to the top of the card and cut out a free hand tree out of brown card stock. I added some bark with my markers and then punched out the fence with my new Martha Stewart punch. I finished the card off by adding some Halloween buttons and three green mini brads. I am really happy with the way this turned out. I think Jason's parents will appreciate it even though it is coming a little late.

My second Halloween card is an idea that I have had for quite awhile but have never gotten around to actually executing. Since today is really the last day for Halloween cards, I knew this was my last chance. I'm calling this one "Never Rely On An Elf".

Isn't it cute? I just couldn't help myself. I bought this set from MFT a couple of months ago and just knew it would make a funny Halloween card. I am all about altering stamps to fit other occasions. I started off by stamping the rug, fireplace and Santa's legs from Home For the Holidays by MFT on a piece of whisper white. I then colored them in with stampin' write markers and copics and drew in the floor boards. I then paper pieced the wallpaper with some Halloween DP I had left over. Next I stamped the pumpkins and the sentiment from Kooky Kostumes by SUInk and More on whisper white and colored them in adding some cobwebs. I went ahead and popped off the pumpkins to give them some dimension. Next I stamped the little spider from Trick or Treat by Penny Black to the side of the fireplace. I finished the main image off by printing off the skull from CC Designs Digi Download Sweet Pea Halloween and the cauldron from Simply Sista's and Card Scents' Halloween Digi Stamps and coloring them in using my markers and copics. (I know I used a lot of different stamps, but I needed several small accessories to fill up the "room".) Next, following this week's MFT sketch challenge over at SCS, I layered on Halloween DP and purple card stock. I used my nesties to cut out the circle and my spider web embossing folder to create some texture. I finished up the card by printing off the sentiment on my computer and coloring it in with copics and some Halloween brads. I think it is funny. I can just see Santa getting all excited and heading out on Halloween instead of Christmas! I know my sister will appreciate it.

Now on to the last project for today. Wow have I been busy! This is a little angel box I created for Izzy. When she gets older I hope that she will fill it up with all those little special trinkets she finds and enjoys. This box is being submitted for the Cutie Pie Challenge over at Paper Pretties. They will be releasing their new stamps tomorrow evening and I can hardly wait.

Here is a side view.

This box is actually a little papermache box I found at Michaels for $2. I wanted something that would last. I started off by covering the box with some pretty Christmas DP that I just bought. I then cut out a piece of white card stock and stamped the sentiment from Angel Wings by Paper Pretties over and over in pink to create a background paper. I mounted it behind a piece of green glitter paper to create a little frame. Next I stamped the main image from Angel Wings on a piece of white card stock, a piece of white glitter card stock and a piece of deep red glitter card stock. I paper pieced her together and colored her in using my markers. I then cut her out and applied some liquid applique and more glitter to her skirt. I finished her off by adding some silver rick rack to create a little halo and popped her off the frame. I then punched out a tag of red glitter card stock using my new Sizzix die and stamped the sentiment on a piece of white and mounted it behind it. I added two black brads to either side and threaded through a piece of white ribbon. I added some snowflake brads to the box and closed the lid. I really think Izzy will appreciate it when she gets older. She is such a sweetie.

And here she is my little angel!!

I hope your Halloween is a good one. It is getting close to time here. Be safe and have lots of fun, I know I will! Thanks as always for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Cute cards and congrats on being recognized by MFT... I love their stamps!

Happy Halloween!!

Paula Still said...

Milly turned out so much better than I thought she would. Course, your creativity made it adorable!

Congrats on MFT!!! Way to go!!!!