Monday, October 13, 2008

Purple People Eater!

Happy Monday!!!

It is super gray and dreary here today. It is so hard to get used to after the beautiful weekend we had. Our siding is finally going up, and I am so excited. I can already tell that it is going to look like a new house when they are finished. I think I might have to wait awhile though because it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday.

Well I am super excited, my best friend is coming over tonight! Yeah!!!! I haven't seen her for over a week. I am having serious withdrawal. She has been super busy with work, fundraising and house sitting, but things are starting to wind down. Izzy is really excited to see her "Aunt" Tracy. "Aunt" Tracy is her favorite living creature in the whole world! Even above Tuxy, and that is really saying something.

Well Wednesday is my sister's birthday. Her absolute favorite color is purple. I think if her husband would allow her to, she would have every room in her house purple. When we were in high school she painted her room purple with dark purple ooze coming down from the ceiling. Not quite my thing, but to each his own. Since it is her birthday and I, I repeat I am my parents' favorite daughter (must be hard huh Dani?), I decided to take pity on her and make her a purple themed card.


Isn't it cute. I really like how it turned out! I started off by printing Sydney from Simply Sista's and Card Scents, love my digis, on a piece of white card stock. I colored her in with my stampin' write makers and paper pieced her chair with some DP. I then layered her on a piece of scalloped green card stock and then a piece of DP. I popped her off the background to give the card some dimension. Next I added three brown ribbons to the side of the card with bows at three different levels. I added a hand made paper flower to the corner with a fake flower in the center. To finish it off, I added "hot cocoa" scent to the card, my sister's favorite drink. I just know she is going to love it! Love ya Dani!!!!

My second card was created for today's technique challenge over at SCS. I received the new Halloween digi stamps over at Simply Sista's and Card Scents a couple of weeks ago, (If you haven't seen them yet, check them out they are fantastic) and have been searching for the perfect layout ever since. I finally found it!


Here is a side view.


The challenge was to create an accordion card. The digi's were fantastic for this because I could make them any size I wanted!!! I started off my printing off the lollipop, two pieces of hard candy, candy corn, a cauldron and a cat on white card stock. I then paper pieced all the candy and the cauldron with Halloween DP and flocked the cat to give him some "fur". Next I added a stick to the lollipop and covered the lollipop, and two pieces of hard candy with cellophane to make them look like real candy. I added them to the back fold. Then I cut out a ghost using my sizzix die and added the ghost, cat and cauldron to the middle fold. I stamped the "trick or treat" sentiment from The Witching Hour by SUInk and More to a white tag and layered it with Halloween DP and old olive card stock. I then threaded through a piece of orange ribbon and added a miniature version of the cat and the lollipop to the sides. I finished the card off by scenting it with "Hard Candy", one of the limited Halloween scents over at Simply Sista's. I love this card. It is so fun!!!

Well that is it for me today! I am off to keep Izzy entertained and hopefully to squeeze in a little bit more stamping! As always thanks for stopping by and all the great comments! I read them all! Have a great rest of the day!

2 comments:

Paula Still said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the accordian style card. Totally adorable!

Dani will love the card being purple and smelling of hot chocolate. You truely are her favorite sister and I your favorite mother LOL!

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Nice work on both cards!

PS - I still have not recieved a scented card. I would like to request persimmon flavored.