Friday, October 17, 2008

Christmas is in the Air!

Happy Friday!

Okay, I know that it is still a long way off, and I absolutely hate it when the stores start loading up the shelves with Christmas before Halloween is over, but today I just couldn't resist myself. I have some really great Christmas stamps and they just had to be inked up. I mean when they call to you and wake you up in the middle of the night saying, "Stamp me! Stamp me!", you have to answer.

So here is what I came up with today. The first card is a card using this weeks MFT sketch challenge over at SCS. It was actually a little difficult since it incorporated circles and as you know most of the MFT images are designed as a square or a rectangle. I am pretty happy though with what I accomplished.


I just love all the rich Christmas colors on this one. I started off by stamping the main image from Merry Christmas? by MFT on a piece of whisper white, a piece of dark green, and two pieces of DP. I then paper pieced the image and colored in the remaining images with my stampin write markers. I did use a silver glitter pen on the Christmas ornaments and present to add some sparkle. I then used my circle nesties to cut out the image. It worked out perfectly! After that I used my nesties to cut out a black circle and two scalloped circles out of DP. I popped it off the card following the design layout in the sketch challenge. I then stamped the sentiment and layered it on top of a piece of green card stock and DP. I added a metal charm I have had for almost nine months and then added three green diamond stickers down the right side of the card. I think it really looks festive. When I get ready to send it out, I am going to scent it with "winter cabin". I am so excited!

My second card I used a challenge over at the Spiral Whisper blog. Their latest challenge is a sketch challenge and I just had to play along since I just received my new Spiral Whisper stamps yesterday!!!

Here it is!


I have fallen in love with these images! They are just so cute and sweet! I started this card off by stamping Snowball Max on a piece of white card stock. (I know what you are saying, but he is a girl in the card, I will get to that in a minute). I also stamped him on a piece of turquoise glitter paper and a piece of white glitter paper. I paper pieced him together and colored him in with my stampin' write markers. Then I added some liquid applique to the cuffs and the snow at his feet. I also added a little silver glitter pen to the snowflakes. It was as this point that I realized that I had colored him with girl colors, so I added two ponytails with my black marker and made him a her. (Problem fixed!). I then layered her on a piece of turquoise card stock and rounded the corners. I followed the sketch challenge and popped the image off the page. I added the sentiment from Holliday Greetings II Set by A Muse stamps and cut it out with my nesties. I then used my circut to cut a snowflake and added it to the corner. Isn't it just beautiful! I just love the icy colors.

So enough stamping talk. Today was such a fun day. I had the privilege of babysitting Melaina!!! Yeah!!! It was so much fun. Her and Izzy even had the same outfit on today! They are so cute together and it was really good for Izzy. Izzy had to share her toys, bed and highchair. Overall she did very well. It was a pretty relaxing day. They both want to eat out of the same dish though. And Melaina even growled a little at Izzy when she tried to dig in her bowl. Iz wasn't sure what to do! Usually Tuxy is the only one that does that to her!


Oh and on more exciting thing, the siding is finally finished! No more banging. It looks so good, I hardly even recognize our house.

Well that is it for me today! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day and thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Love the cards... and the babies too!

PS - it is not even Halloween yet! :-D

Paula Still said...

WOW! Great job! Makes me want to cuddle up with a hot cup of cocoa.
Can't wait to see you so I can smell the new scents!!!