Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kick Me With Your Best Shot!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

Hope your week is going well! Izzy and I had another day of relaxing around the house. Izzy played with her toys while I crafted! It was so much fun! And she was too, too cute with her phone yesterday. All day long she was pretending to make phone calls and I would hear, "Hello, yadda yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah!" It was too funny! And one time she actually picked up the phone and said, "Hello Tracy! How bout that Tracy?" It was so funny!

Well I won't keep you in suspense any longer! As you can tell by my title, Today is the day for Soccer Ian to be released over at The Greeting Farm!!!! I am so so excited! I am in love with his hair!!! So I tried something new with him and am somewhat pleased with the results! I present to you, Soccer Ian!


Seriously, this is exactly what my hair looked like when I was in Kindergarten!!!! LOL! Maybe I should try to dig out an old picture to show you! Anywhoo, but don't you love, love, love him! He is too cute for words!!! I started my card out by first printing off Soccer Ian (That's right he is digital!!!!) from The Greeting Farm on white card stock and colored him in using my copics. I tried to do African American skin tones, but I am not completely satisfied with the results. Oh well, the best thing is to practice, practice, practice! Following a Mojo Monday sketch, I layered on green, brown and orange card stock along with DP from Little Yellow Bicycle and The Paper Company. I used my nesties to cut out the squares and the ovals and finished my card off by adding some ribbon and three brads in the corner.

Now it is time to go and check out the rest of the amazing DT's creations!
And don't forget the amazing Blog Hop starting at 9 a.m. CST today over at The Greeting Farm Blog!!!! There is going to be lots of prizes and tons of fun!!!! And definitely make sure you pick up the brand new Butterfly Wishes set which was designed by our amazing leader Jessica!!!!!

Smiles everyone!

9 comments:

Renata van Miltenburg said...

It is funny how we recognise (a part of) ourselfs in stamps...I did see myself as a young girl in Singing Catrina by High Hopes...I was always singing in front of the mirro with a hairbrush as microfoon and my hair was as long as hers. Even my mom recognised me ;)

Cool card you made!

Sunny regards, Renata

~*Joni said...

Oh Janna, your hair must have been absolutely adorable as I love Ian's!! This is so cute, great idea to turn him into a draker complexion. I live with tanned kids and didn't even think of that. lol! Sounds like Izzy is going to be one social butterfly - love the yada yada yada of it all, that pretty much covers everything that I say in a conversation. haha! Have a wonderful day Janna!!

Mary Giles said...

Janna little Ian is just sooooo cute! I love him done up in African American skin tones and that HAIR...SCREAM!!! Fabulous job and yes I would like to see a picture of you sporting this hairdo.

WickedPixie said...

yep, you have to let us see the hair! I love your little soccer Ian - his brown skin and freckles look great! :-) Traci

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Janna,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Carolina said...

Soccer Ian is adorable and wonderful take on the sketch! It came together so perfectly!!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOW WOW WOW Janna, this is just too adorable! I can't believe you had hair like that, it looks so tame now! LOL
I love how you've colored Soccer Ian as an African - American, I too have tried the skin tone thing, and NEVER succeed. I just keep trying since I would love to suceed at this. I adopted nieces & nephews who have this skin, and it's so hard to get a card made just for them, you know?

FABULOUS JOB GIRL!!!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh I love the new Ian Janna and your colouring and paper choice is fabulous, That is so cute to hear that Izzy is having so much fun with her phone, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Lynn Mercurio said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and awesome eye for color and design. Fantastic card, Janna!