Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Little Something For You!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I hope all of you had a great weekend! We certainly did. It was amazingly beautiful here and we were able to go to the botanical gardens. Izzy had a great time looking at all the plants and walking around. In the Japanese garden they have these giant koi that you can feed. I thought that possibly she might be a little afraid of them but she loved them. We told her that they were kissing because they come right up out of the water with their mouths open hoping for some food. She actually didn't want to leave and keeps talking about going back!

Well yesterday was Izzy's performance at gymnastics. It was so cute. It basically consisted of free gym time for 10 minutes and then a little routine they had. Izzy did great during the free gym time but pretty much hid in my lap during the performance itself. So of course I have no pictures at all! The best part was that they each got medals at the end and Izzy was so excited to get her "necklace"! She carries it around everywhere with her and couldn't wait to show it to daddy last night. Of course we had to round out the day with a doctor's visit. Just a checkup but lets just say it didn't go well. The second she stepped on the the scale the crying started and didn't end until we walked out the door. I wonder how the pediatrician doesn't go deaf? I mean she is listening to a screaming kid with a stethoscope. I bet it is one of those secret work hazards that they never tell you about. Anywhoo, the whole kicker was she didn't even get any shots!!!!! I mean sheesh! If we could only go back to the days of not remembering things, that would be awesome! LOL!


So today is Tuesday and that means it is Twinkling Tuesday time! Madelynn's seven-year-old brother, Jack, has this week's sketch for us and it is sure a fun one. Not too complicated but with lots and lots of detail. So without further ado, I present to you Jack's sketch and my card!

Sketch


Card


At first I was a little confused by the three dots in the circle but I made a happy little mistake by stamping my boy too close to the edge of the paper and voila, a place to put my brads!!!! I started this card by first stamping Oakley from the new Summer Kit by Whiff of Joy on white card stock and colored him in using my copics. I just received my kit in the mail over the weekend and have been stamping them up like mad! I love them! Any whoo, I then stamped him again and stamped one of the Beach Sentiments from All That Scraps in the center of the wood, colored it in, cut it out and popped it off the main panel. To create the log, I simply took my multiliner pen and drew it in then colored it in with my copics. Following the sketch, I layered on rust, yellow and brown card stock along with DP from A2Z. I finished the card off by placing jumbo eyelets in each of the four corners. I have to say I am pretty happy with this card except for all the white space around Oakley. I think if I made it again I would draw in some trees or something. You know me, terrified of white space!

Now it is time to head out and check out the rest of the fabulous DT's creations! This week's featured designer is Debbie and her work will surely knock your socks off. Don't forget all you need to do to participate is simply type in the keyword MTTSC23 when uploading to PCP or SCS and leave us a comment on the Twinkling Blog so we can check out your work!
Thanks everyone for stopping by today! Lots of smiles!

26 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Janna, this is soooo cute and Jack is going to LOVE it! I always forget to make a card with the temporary twinkie in mind...so I'm really hoping Jack into girls!! LMBO!! Great job again Janna!

Vicki G said...

This is Beautiful Janna! After taking a little hiatus from blog hopping, it's nice to be back and see all your yummy creations and to get the scoop on what you and Izzy have been up to!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Danni said...

Izzy is just too cute!! Adorable photo!
Love your card, simply stunning!

Emily said...

YEAH IZZY!!! I also feel sorry for Dr. and Kids but their not all screaming!!! I love the layout, and I must try...I am with you on white space, ( I personally would have added a tree :P If I could only draw one :(!!!) Maybe I could talk with you tomorrow during nap, if your not taking one tomorrow....or me either!!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Janna - thanks for the bday wishes yesterday! It was great to "hear" from you!! Izzy is adorable!! I can't believe the memory they have...abby was the same way with the dr. She'd freak once we arrived at the bldg. It wasn't until she was like 4 that it started getting better. She still needs reassurness of what is going to happen every time we go!! Now she's afraid of having to pee in a cup! Go figure!

Anyway, LOVE your card! I didn't get the WOJ summer kit and I'm so kicking myself. LOVE this image and your choice of colors is wonderful! I love how he's holding the sign - too cute!!

Heather said...

Great job with this sketch! Your coloring is so inspiring. I got my WOJ kit this weekend too and you've totally got me excited about inking it up. Your card is fabulous!!!!

WickedPixie said...

Izzy is adorable and I love your Izzy stories. I am sending you wishes of a more reasonable child than mine because Ronnie is the most stubborn ever and at 8 she decided to REFUSE to have things done that she thought would "hurt" like have the eyedrops to dilate her eyes at the optometrist! This year, at 9, she reluctantly agreed to a vaccination, though! :) Your card is wonderful! Love those colors and I think the amount of white space is perfect! :) Traci

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Janna,

Where are you girl??? I think it has been 22 hours since you told me you would call me back??? LOL!!!

I love that image it is totally wonderful and I love the coloring too!!!

You did a wonderful job with Jack's sketch too!!!

Heather

Riet said...

What beautiful Janna.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria said...

Hey Janna! Awww, Izzy is so pretty in her gymnastic outfit!! My daughter took gymnastics when she was young and she really enjoyed it!

Your card is such a cutie. Beautiful job on your coloring! I love the circle scallop and the jumbo eyelets!! Such a fun card for a boy!!

Hope you are having a fantastic day!

Maria

Maria Matter said...

Janna, you are just so dang talented girl...this is a great interpretation of the sketch (with three dots in the circle!) Such a sweet image too!
Izzy looks so cute with those little curls!!!
Blessings, Maria

Jodi said...

This is so cute! Love this image and the way you colored it! =)
Oh, you managed to use the eyelets!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Bonnie said...

Perfectly fun to use a little goof and make it work out fabulously! Your brads are placed perfectly!! and love Izzy in her little outfit! What a sweetie!

Javablustamper said...

WOW Janna!! This is SO,SO cute!! It is just PERFECT, as always!! Your take on this sketch is AWESOme!! Ok...I am running out of GREAT adjectives!! I mean...REALLY?? I LOVE seeing what you create!! You SO rock!! LOVE everything about this, again, as ALWAYS!! Makes me wish i would have gotten that Summer kit!! I got the Spring one, I guess I should have known better!! Don't you haet it when that happens?? Haha!! So fortunate to have met a FANTABULOUS person like you!! You are such a MAJOR inspiration woman!! Wish I could have seen Miss Izzy! I'll bet she had a BLAST!! Hope you ALL are well!!


Take care!!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

Randi said...

This is adorable Janna! You are such the artist! I love how this looks like a watercolor painting! Amazing!

Your Izzy stories are so great! She reminds me so much of my niece at that age!

Tasha Hickert said...

Ahh, the botanical garden. I think I spent an entire week trimming one bush in the Japanese garden!! I interned there one summer during college.

You card is amazing as usual. Guess what? I think the white space really sets off the boy so there! I do really like the brads to the left--it's always great when things work out.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Janna, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring.

Hugs Nikki x

Darla said...

Janna, this is awesome as always. I love how you were able to add those brads along the side. The coloring is beautiful, and the choice of papers is excellent. What a fun boys card!

Cathy said...

Izzy is so adorable!! I love your card!! These images are so wonderful and you colored it to perfection!! Great job!

Hugs, Cathy

Carolyn Bounds said...

Congrats to Izzy for getting her medal!:o) I cannot believe how quickly she is growing! WOW!!!

I love your gorgeous card...white space and all;o) I love the color palette, and you once again colored this sweetie with absolute perfection! Every time I come to your blog, I contemplate purchasing Copics. You are a very talented enabler;o) HeeHee!

Thank you for the sweet comments and the get well wishes. I am still not 100%, but I am much better than I was a few short days ago...must have been all those wonderful prayers. Thank you again for thinking of me.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Cassie said...

wow!
wow!

first, izzy looks adorable!!! she makes me think of that pink cat girl you use all the time - lily?? oh my gosh!!!

your TT card is THE BEST!!! oH - cute little image and i love that you used the brads for the circles - you're so smart!

have a great long weekend!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Janna, this is just adorable. What a wonderful layout and you used it so creativity. Love the cut piece that allowed you to add the brads...fantastic.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

The picture of Izzy is so adorable!!! What a wonderful layout for the sketch and I love what you did with it!! That image is colored so beautifully (as always). Great use of the Brads!! Goy-geous girl! Enjoy the holiday weekend!
hugs and smiles,
Chris

Carolina said...

What a sweet pic of Izzy - she's tooo cute!!! Your card is stunning! You have the perfect eye for colors I swear!!!

Jenny said...

OH Jana... there you go again.. this is such a cute card!

Kimmie said...

Your coloring on this card is out of this world! And congrats on your daughter's "necklace"