Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Layers, Layers Everywhere!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

It is supposed to be another cold one here. I have to say, I am kind of getting tired of this. I know it really hasn't been just awful this winter, but after over a week of nasty temps I am over it. I could never live in a northern state. Although when Jason and I went to Montana on your honeymoon I seriously considered becoming a rancher so that we could stay forever! LOL! The only thing that stopped me was that there was still snow on the ground in some areas and it was June!!!! So I guess all dreams have to come to an end sometime! LOL!

Anywhoo, Izzy and I have quite a day planned. I need to run to the post office and get all my swap images in the mail, I also have several challenges I want to play, so I need to get started on those and some great new releases are coming up for my design teams so I am trying to get a jump start on those also!!

Alright, so my daughter is absolutely hilarious! Last night I ran next door for a quick visit with my neighbor, Beth, (okay it lasted an hour) and when I got home Izzy had all of her kitchen equipment dragged into the kitchen and was helping Daddy cook. It was so sweet. Well of course she wanted to be picked up and cuddled since I had been gone, so we did that for a few minutes then I set her on the dining room table while I cleaned off all my stamping supplies. Izzy grabbed my empty coffee cup and was stirring the spoon in it and saying, "Coffee, Mommy Coffee!" I think she loves to say that word. Well I just let her play and when I looked over she was pretending to drink it and then she started singing into it!!! I think she liked that it kind of made an echoy, hollow sound. It was cracking me up! I have no idea how she figured it out but it entertained her for 20 minutes! I am not quite sure why we buy her toys when she can entertain herself with everyday objects around the house! LOL!

So now onto the cards!! Guess what today is!!!!! It is Twinkle Tuesday and boy does Madelynn have a great sketch today! I have a little story to tell before I post my card. As you know I taught a class this weekend and Thursday night I worked on my kits for 3 and a half hours trying to get them all finished. (I had already spend 2 hours working on them over the weekend, crasy I know) It was during this time that I actually counted the layers on each card and one of them had fourteen layers!!!! OMG!! I discovered I am addicted to layering cards. Well I shared this epiphany with the rest of my Twinkle Team Sisters and they were very sympathetic but instead of discouraging me from my distructive behavior they were more enablers than anything else! LOL! So imagine my surprise when I saw this sketch!! I actually e-mail Jessica back right away and said there are layers!!! She promised that she did not tell Madelynn to do it! LOL! So here it is!



I was so inspired by the RAK Jacquie gave me that I just had to print my little fairy off and color her up! Although I don't think my creation is anywhere near as beautiful as hers!! I started this card off by printing off my digital fairy on mushroom from CC Designs Gingersnap Hey Cupid by All That Scraps and coloring it with my copics. Following the sketch I then layered on pink, red and brown card stock along with my DP from Basic Grey's Bittersweet. I added pink, red and brown brads to all the layers' corners, popped off my main image and tied a big brown organdy ribbon around the middle. To complete the card, I added a metal swirl and cut out some white card stock, brown card stock and red card stock with my nesties, drew the "X's" and "O's" around the edge, the heart in the middle and colored it in with my copics. I just thought this was such a fun and unusual sketch!! I still can't believe that Madelynn is only eight!!! She is such a genius with these sketches!

Don't forget you can participate too and we would love to see what you create. All you need to do is when uploading to SCS or PCP is type in the keyword MTTSC6 so that we can find it. Now be sure to check out the rest of the Twinkle Teams fantastic creations!


My second card for today is a quick card I made for this week's sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet. My goal in the new year is to use more of the stamps I have not inked up yet. Well this sweet little Sugar Nellie image has been dying to get some ink on her so I decided to use her!!




Don't you love Sugar Nellie? They have the most amazing stamps and the images are just so sweet. I love coloring them! Okay, so I started this card by stamping Flowers by Sugar Nellie on white card stock and colored her in with my copics. Following the sketch, I mounted her on pink and brown card stock along with Basic Grey paper I believe from the Blush collection. I had to rotate the sketch on it's side to make the image fit. I then cut out a brown flower with my Cricut machine and placed two buttons on top to make the center of the flower. I am so pleased with this card because not only did I use an uninked stamp but I used some of my buttons!

Well, I am off to check out all the blogs I follow and love! Have a great rest of the day!! And as always, thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both are so cute!! Your colouring is fabulous and I really enjoy coming to your blog and checking out your creations!!

Kimmie said...

Adorable cards as always - and I always love to read about Izzy.

It was snowing here AGAIN yesterday... If you move out to somewhere warm I'm joining you!

Javablustamper said...

WOW! Janna, these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! SERIOUSLY, yours is WAY better!! Thanks for the kind words!! Your coloring is AMAZING!! I am still working on it!! Have a GREAT day!! Thanks for sharing another WONDERFUL Izzy story! She is WAY cute!!!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are adorable but I LOVE that first one. Bittersweet WILL be mine! LOL

Cassie said...

oh janna! such wonderful eye candy today!! love the layers!! you shouldn't stop!!
your fairy card is sooooo pretty - i want to color like you!! and that BG paper.....yummy!!
The PCP card is cute too! so bright and cheery! I hope it warms up for you soon! it's been so pretty here lately, we didn't even need jackets yesterday, just long sleeves!

Danni said...

Super cute cards, as always!! Love them both! Those Sugar Nellies are some cute images!

Maria said...

Holy! Your cards are gorgeous! Your coloring of the images are so beautiful! I really love that Sugar Nellie image. . .very pretty!

Your daughter is adorable. . .I can see a coffee drinker in the making!! LOL!!

Maria

Sandra MacLean said...

Get outta town?!?! Janna, that card is GORGEOUS!!!! And you go on about how you love my stuff....I ADORE YOUR WORK!! It's always a pleasure to come see what you're up to! :D

Lise Roy said...

both are gorgeous!
Love the colors and your coloring...

Carolyn Bounds said...

Both of your cards are amazing!!! Not only do I love the way you color, but your selection of DP, embellies, and colors are always so very perfect!!! I just love seeing all the beautiful things you create!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your cards are so beautiful Janna, I just love those yummy papers on the first and the cute and beautifully coloured CC images... too cute! Your second card is equally as yummy and love the pretty papers and sweet image, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jami said...

These are both amazing!! Your coloring is superb - and I just love how you did the little x's and o's on that circle!!!!!
hugs,
Jami

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow your coloring is amazing, Janna! I have so much to learn from you! I love this little gingersnap...how cute is she? Love the layers and glad that M was able to "enable" you thsi week LOL! Big hugs! You are SUCH a good friend!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Hi this is Madelynn. That little stamp is SO adorable. I asked my mom for it and she said maybe :) Thank you for playing my sketch and my Mom is right you are so good at coloring.

Paula Still said...

Love these cards, but I think they could use more L-A-Y-E-R-S!! LOL!! Seriously, your cards are amazing! Love, love, love your coloring!

And the layouts are awesome! Like you, I can't belive Madelynn is only 8! She definitely has a bright future ahead of her!!

Jodi said...

These cards are GREAT!!! I love how you colored your images and the pretty Bittersweet paper (my favorite) =)
Your daughter is so cute! =)
Hugs,
Jodi

Cathy said...

Janna, both cards are great!! I want to color like you when I grow up!!!LOL I've been grown up for a long, long time. Sugar Nellies are so beautiful and captivating. Very cute!! Cathy

Becky Carafa said...

These are so sweet!

Rebecca Ednie said...

your tt card is gorgeous. i love everything about it! I have to find time to use more of my bittersweet pad too! (that is what you used right??)