Monday, January 12, 2009

Day Two, Day Two, Day Two!!!!!

Happy Tuesday again everybody! This is my second post for today, so please keep scrolling down to see the rest of what I have to share!

So, can you tell I am excited about today's sneak peeks! I can't believe how wonderful the DT's creations have been, they are one talented group of ladies, and I am starting to wonder why I am one of them! LOL! Seriously though, after seeing their creations yesterday, I want go pick up both sets and I already have them!

Enough with the suspense, here is the second peek I have for you of the new Lily and Billy Sweetheart set from Pink Cat Studio being released on Thursday.



Isn't this stamp fantastic! And the best part is, there are little sayings included that fit perfectly inside the heart that Lily is holding!!! Can you believe it! I used the BFF sentiment since this card is going to my best friend Tracy, but there are also more romantic sentiments included. I can hardly type just thinking about all the possibilities! Anywhoo, I started this card by stamping Lily holding the heart from the brand new Lily and Billy Sweethearts set from Pink Cat Studio on white card stock and then colored her in using my markers and copics. Next, I stamped the sentiment inside the heart. I layered her on a piece of green card stock and a piece of pink card stock that I punched around the edges with my Martha Stewart edge punch. I then layered on pink and green card stock along with some sparkly DP from DCWV. To finish the card off, I threaded a pink ribbon down the side and tied a bow. And the best part is, I came up with the layout all on my own!!! I know, pick yourself up off the floor! I was in shock too!

Onward and upward. My second peek for the new Kiki Kitty set will really take you away, hopefully to a nice tranquil beach on a beautiful island. I present to you, Hula Kiki.


Isn't she so much fun. All I could think about when I saw were was that she should be on a post card. So that is what I created! I started this card by stamping Hula Kiki from the new Kiki Kitties set by Pink Cat Studio on white card stock and colored her in using copics and markers. I then cut her out and popped her off a brad so that she could dance!! (She actually turns back and forth). I then sponged on brilliant blue, tempting turquoise and taken with teal on to some white card stock, tore it apart and then reglued it together to make waves. For the beach, I sponged on close to cocoa, chocolate chip and creamy caramel. I cut a tree out of some craft paper and adhered it to the side and then cut out some leaves using dark green. I shaded everything in with my copics. I stamped Kiki's flower a few more times, cut them out and placed them at the bottom of the tree. I then stamped the sentiment, "Aloha", also included in the set three times. After I had completed my scene, I adhered it to some white card stock I cut with decorative scissors and then placed the whole thing over some brown card stock and some Hawaiian themed DP. I added paper brackets to each corner, made out of blue and green card stock and placed flower brads on them. To finish the card, I cut out two hibiscus flowers from some DP and attached them in the corner with a brown brad.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my sneak peeks for today. Don't forget I have another post below and also that the Pink Cat Studio Contest ends tonight at 9 p.m. EST, so there is still plenty of time to play. After you have finished both posts, make sure you check out the rest of the DT's creations! They are amazing!!!


Thanks for stopping by and tune in tomorrow for another sneaky peeky!

16 comments:

Vicki G said...

Oh Janna! Quit wondering Chicka! You are the Best. OMG, that little Kiki post card is a Dream.......... I just love it!!!! So Tropical looking........

Hugs

Vicki

Lise Roy said...

WoW!!!
Both are gorgeous!

the background of the post card is amazing!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOW!!!
Great job!!

Mariska said...

They are both gorgeous but I loooooooooove the hula Kiki!! Love how you did the water and the rest of the background, amazing!! I think the ribbon in the Lily card realy makes is complete, love that!! Great job once again sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Janna,

There is no reason to wonder your samples are just as wonderful and amazing as everyone elses and you know yours are some of my favorite well because you are my sweet friend and I am partial!!!!

I love your cards girl you are a very talented woman and I love coming to your blog every day to read your informative, happy, and energetic posts!!!

Quit that wondering and give yourself a pat on the back girlie!!!

I love your coloring as always and the DSP's you used, and your embellies and I know Tracy will adore this card!!!

So so cute and creative Janna. Love that Hula Card too!!! You know I lived in Hawaii so I really love it!!!

Superb my Friend!!!

Heather

Maria said...

Wow, Janna!!! I just love how you jazz up your images with your drawing!! Your cards inspires me to draw!! You are a fabulous artist!! Your friend will most definitely love your Lily card!! I love that circle punched background!!

Okay. . .Kiki makes me want to take a trip to Hawaii (where I'm originally from). Awesome background and as always, awesome coloring!! I just love your Kiki card!! Beautiful job with the sneek peak samples!!

Maria

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I just loved your sneak peaks Janna! Wow, fabulous work and love your gorgeous Lily card.. You know I though of her only for valentines but she is just so perfect for sending friend cards. Your Kiki card is just awesome and love the little scene you made for her.. so creative, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hiya Janna! Love the post card idea! It is simply F-U-N!

Danni said...

Quit worrying--you are amazing!!!
Love your cards--just wonderful creations!!

Becky Carafa said...

these are so cute! Very clever to make Kiki turn back and forth!!!! And I love the ribbon on Lily, great pop of color!

Carolyn Bounds said...

These two cards are irresistibly cute!!! I love them both!!! You and your amazing creations totally rock!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Jodi said...

oh wow! these are soo cute! Kiki on the post card is so cute and very "aloha"! =)
hugs,
Jodi

Christi Flores said...

How cute!! I love how you did the ribbon on the first one!

Melissa said...

These are just so cute Janna! That Kiki card makes me want to go to Hawaii!! Awesome job!

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards Janna, I love the pink and green, so lovely and fresh

Naoual said...

Love the sneak peek cards you did. They're all just lovely. Great colour combinations and lovely colouring!

xx Naoual

Rina said...

Janna, these cards are too cute. Fabulous!