Friday, November 28, 2008

Hope You All Are Shopping, I Know I Am!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

I am out shopping today! We always go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It is a family tradition. We used to get up at like 4 in the morning and get to the stores first thing, but the older we are the later we get up. It just isn't worth it fighting the crowds anymore. It makes me irritated fighting all those people and there usually isn't anything that I really need or want anyway.

We have kind of evolved in the stores we visit. When I was little we always went to dollar stores or Walmart, but now we tend to go more to the little mom and pop shops or the craft stores. It is so much more fun. My niece and my cousin love it. Speaking of which, my other niece and cousin are at home with Jason and Izzy. They are all a little too young to be dragged around shopping all day. Besides they love to play outside and run around so it really works out better for all of us.

Well today I have a fun card to share with you. This is actually a card I created for my neighbor's son's birthday. He is the one who loves legos. Well of course I didn't have any lego stamps to speak of so I had to create my own. It was actually pretty easy and fun.


I started this card off by stamping Billy from Dress Up Billy by Pink Cat Studio and colored him in using my copics and markers. I cut out "legos" from red, green, blue, yellow and orange card stock and arranged them around Billy. I even added a little lego to his hand. I layered him on a piece of red card stock and a piece of yellow card stock. I then layered on black card stock, green card stock, blue card stock and DP. The blue and green card stock I ran through my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder to make it look like legos! I finished the card off with a blue ribbon, three green brads and the Happy Birthday Sentiment that I stamped from SU!'s Birthday Balloons. I mounted it on a piece of yellow and black card stock that I cut into the shape of a lego. He really liked it!
Well before I sign off today I wanted to share a picture of Izzy!!
Isn't she a cutie! I love her so much!
I hope you had a great day, I know I did!! Thanks for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Jami said...

Love the homemade lego!! Awesome card. And Izzy is so adorable!!
hugs, Jami

Kim Dellow said...

So cute, lovely card. Kim

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is TOO cute! What a great card and awesome idea!

Donna said...

Lovely card Janna and the primary colours look fab :) Donna x

PS: Izzy is so cute :) Donna x

Melissa said...

Oh my, Izzy is so adorable!!
I love the card you created! Awesome job on the lego, too cool! Gotta put this one in my gallery, k??

Paula Still said...

Adorable card ... love the legos! And that Izzy is such a ham! She is such a cutie!