Thursday, February 26, 2009

SUINK's Easter Eggs and a Little Hoppy!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!

Izzy is still sick! Poor, poor baby. She was feeling better though yesterday and we were actually able to play outside for about an hour. Mostly she wandered around the back yard, following Tuxy. She did fill up a pot with pebbles and dump it out a couple of times, so I am really hoping that this is a passing thing and nothing that is going to keep her down. I have to say though that it is nice to have a cuddly little girl. She is just so loving and sweet! I guess I love it because I know that it won't last forever! Hopefully I will be back with more pictures of Izzy tomorrow. It is a little hard to take them when she is attached to your chest! LOL!


Now, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. That would be cruel! It is finally my time to sneak peek the new Storage Units, Ink and More March sets!!!! They are just so adorable. Two sets will be released this month; an Easter set called Some Bunny Loves You and a play set called Let's Play. And I know I might get in trouble for this, so please don't tell, but I just couldn't resist sneak peeking both!!! They are both so cute and so sweet! I just couldn't resist!

So my first card for you today is a card I created using the new Let's Play set that will be released Sunday March 1st. This set contains several adorable little scenes of kids on a playground. Honestly a perfect set for party invitations, note cards for kids or well just about anything to do with spring and summer. So here is a creation I made for my niece who is trying very hard to get green week's as school. I have to say I am really proud of her. She has had 3 weeks in a row!


See, what I mean!!! Too, too cute!!! I love that the little girl drew a hopscotch court with chalk. That was one of my favorite activities when I was a kid! Anywhoo, I started this card by stamping the little girl playing hopscotch from Let's Play by Storage Units, Ink and More on white card stock and colored her in using my copics. I then cut her out and mounted her on yellow, green and red/orange Core'dinations card stock. I decided to create a long card for this so I could show off my square card stock by DCWV. I layered it on green, blue and red/orange Core'dinations card stock and added three green polka dot ribbons. To finish the card off, I popped off my main image at an angle, stamped my sentiment also from Let's Play, cut it out along with a piece of green and blue Core'dinations card stock using my nesties and then placed it on the side of my image. I really think my niece will get a kick out of it and I hope it keeps her encouraged to do well!

So, my second card I am sneaking in. I just couldn't help but make a card with it, the set is just too, too cute!!! As soon as I opened my package this month, I instantly wanted to ink up those adorable little chicks! They are so, so sweet! Anywhoo, here is my sneak peek for the new set Some Bunny Loves You.


Aren't those chicks sweet!! Almost makes me want one of my own! Almost! LOL! I started this card by stamping the girl and chicks from Some Bunny Loves You by SUInk and More on white card stock and colored them in using my copics. For her dress, I stamped my girl image on a piece of Basic Grey DP, cut it out and paper pieced it on top of my girl. I really wanted my card to resemble an Easter egg so I decided to cut out teal and yellow Core'dination card stock ovals using my nesties. For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment on white card stock, sponged certainly celery around the edges and then mounted it on teal card stock I cut out with my nesties. To complete the card, I decided to thread through a yellow ribbon and make a loop so the recipient could hang it on their Easter tree when they received it!

Now, it is time to check out the rest of the DT's awesome creations! I was so blown away yesterday and today! I can't believe all the talent that is contained in one place!

Today
Tori www.wildsprinkles.blogspot.com
Kristen www.scrap-creations1.blogspot.com
Laura www.lu-lascorner.blogspot.com
Colleen www.glitterink.blogspot.com

Well that is it for me today! Jason is going out with the boys tonight since he can't play tennis. That allows Izzy and I to have a girls' night! Fortunately, "Aunt" Tracy is also coming over so it is going to be extra fun! Have a great rest of the day and thanks as always for stopping by! Smiles!

27 comments:

Colleen Wold said...

Super cute cards Janna! All I have to say is "great minds think alike" because you should see my sneak peek card. LOL! I may have to make another one.
Awesome coloring on both cards and great layouts!

Emily said...

cute layouts...I hope your daughter gets to feeling better!!!

Laura said...

Oh Janna, these are GREAT!!! Your coloring is amazing and I just LOVE the scene you created on the Easter card. I can't wait to see what else you do with the new sets.

Maria said...

Hey Janna! I'm so glad to hear Izzy is feeling better. It's hard when our kids are sick. Makes us feel bad. I'm feeling better but still stuffy headed.

Oh I loved hop-scotch when I was a kid. I could entertain myself by playing hop-scotch even by myself. Your card is so darn cute. Love the fact that you drew the hop scotch. .. you are definitely talented with your drawings!

Your second card with the duckies. . okay, can I say. . .SUPER CUTE! LOL! Love the paper piecing and as always fabulous coloring!!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!

Maria

Denise said...

Very cute cards, I just love the hop scotch image, it brings me back to my younger days, VERY younger days!!

Carolina said...

Okay, seriously adorable!!! You did an amazing job capturing the over-all fun theme of the first set and the cuteness of the second! Awesome job witht he sneak peeks!

Unknown said...

Cute! That little girl reminds me of that Madeline character. I think that's her name anyhow. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :) lol.

Jodi said...

These are both very cute and sweet!! The color combinations are perfect! I love how you colored the images too. =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

COCO said...

oh very nice !!!
hugs coco

Danni said...

Aww, poor Izzy! Hope she feels better soon!
Totally cute cards! They bring back many memories of childhood and make you smile!
Awesome job!

Michelle said...

Wow as always your cards are AWESOME!!! Abby is just starting to get into hopscotch so that image is so fitting for me. I really adore the little girl with chicks.

Sorry to hear Izzy still isn't feeling well. Hoping she gets better soon!!

Kimmie said...

What beautiful cards! I adore the hopscotch board stamp!

Kimmie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cats whiskers said...

Hi Janna what cute cards these both are just love these spring colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Leigh OBrien said...

Janna....I do love what you've done with Denise's stamps. I would love to be able to comment on everything that you do but I just don't find the time. It's not that I don't appreciate they all though. YOU ROCK! Keep 'em coming...you are always awesome.
Leigh

Sandra MacLean said...

Janna, these cards are gorgeous! I particularly love the oval one but the hop scotch one is a great layout! Your coloring is outstanding!! Love the vibrancy they have. I am in awe of you girl!!

i'm with the band said...

Very cute, Janna!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are TOO cute Janna! OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE those little duckies and how you colored that whole scene in and totally reminds me of an Easter egg! And what an adorable hopscotch scene and you colored that whole thing SO awesome! you are amazing, girl!

I cannot WAIT to see you this weekend and watch you color...NO pressure!!! hee hee

Paula Still said...

Janna, Janna, Janna!! Where does you amazing talent come from? These are so adorable and creative! I know Shelby will absolutely L-O-V-E the hopscotch card. You picked the best colors for her too! And the easter card is so cute! Love the scenery and the idea to make it like an easter egg. Beautiful job!

MJ said...

Oh my gosh, that paper for her dress is just perfect! I am not sure which card I like better they are both so cute! Great job Janna.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

OH Janna!! These are beautiful!! Love your coloring, layouts, and those cute images!! I will have to add these to my wish list. Marvelous Job!!!

Debbie said...

Two fabulous cards Janna both of the imaes are adorable and I love the beautiful papers and accents.
Have a great weekend. Debbie x

Lilian said...

Janna, your cards are so adorable! I do hope Izzy will be better soon. Take care and have a great day!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love them both Janna! Love the ABC blocks on the first one & the asphalt you colored in--so fun! And your Easter tag is a beauty--love her paper pieced dress, so pretty!

hugz,
Suzanne

Alysabeth said...

Your bows are so pretty. The hopscotch card is great, I love the DP and layout and your Easter Greetings, well who doesnt love little duckies. I also love your colour combo.

Unknown said...

Just getting caught up and THIS is CA-UTE!! I love the oval and how you lined up the chickies! So stinkin' Creative!! Love it!

Cassie said...

so fun!! love the paper on the first one - do kids even play hopscotch these days?? and the second one is so, so sweet! great job coloring and i love that the card is a circle/oval!